Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage block number

When I open Messages preferences and attempt to block a phone number I am only presented with my contacts to select a number. I've researched this and I cannot find one valid reason why contacts is presented to block a number. That last thing I want to do is add a number that is sending spam messages only to block it and then remove it.

Does anyone have any logical reasoning behind this design implementation?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 11:00 AM

Seems like a crazy deal to me!?

Got an iOS device?

Tip: On your iOS device, block text messages without creating a new contact. See the Apple Support article Block phone numbers and contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

3 replies

Oct 18, 2020 6:41 PM in response to BDAqua

Yes, I have a fully integrated apple IT environment in my home. My point is that if I'm in the office working on my iMac and I get a text message to my iPhone and I have messages sync I shouldn't have to go get my iPhone just to block a number when the application clearly looks like it should support this functionality. As a system/software engineer this really looks like a bug that needs to be fixed.

imessage block number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.