Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a section of takes without flattening

I have a set of grouped drum tracks with multiple takes. I decided I want a drum break - so I don’t want any of the takes to play - I want silence. But I don’t want to flatten the track yet.

Does anyone know how I remove an entire section of drums from multiple takes in a group?

Comping in Cubase is so much easier but my client is using logic...

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 8:18 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 20, 2020 2:44 PM in response to brickyardwest

1. Hold command to select the alternate tool and highlight the section(s) with the marquee tool (the plus sign looking one)
  2. once you've greyed the areas let go of the command key then the mouse to keep the selection
  3. select the mute tool from the tool drop down or "T" then "M"
  4. click on the greyed out to automatically slice and mute that particular area(s)

On another note if you ever want to do it with the whole song (Globally) just drag to select an area with up top in the ruler area and once its yellow you can right click to "insert silence" or trim, copy.. basically have a field day with moving things around.

Another option is track alternatives.. the rabbit hole is vast and actually quite powerful.

Happy editing!

Hope that helps!

~Pete

How do I remove a section of takes without flattening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.