Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to use other apps while on call

Could anyone pls help..I am unable to use other apps while on WhatsApp call or normal call,the screen just turns off(black screen) when we click on any app icon.

for Eg: I am on WhatsApp call(using earphones) and I want to add another person on call so when I click on WhatsApp icon the screen just turns off..I have to be super fast clicking it...

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 10:06 PM

Good question. I think what is happening with you is that your hand/finger is crossing the sensor located near the front camera and the iPhone then thinks that your iPhone is on your ear and then turns the screen off. When on a phone call and you have to add another member or just have to activate something in the top area then try not to block the sensor and your screen will not turn black.

Axel F.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2020 10:06 PM in response to ankita_iphone

Good question. I think what is happening with you is that your hand/finger is crossing the sensor located near the front camera and the iPhone then thinks that your iPhone is on your ear and then turns the screen off. When on a phone call and you have to add another member or just have to activate something in the top area then try not to block the sensor and your screen will not turn black.

Axel F.

Unable to use other apps while on call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.