Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleID site asking to verify email address but it's a mac.com email that I am unable to reach

When logging onto icloud.com, I enter my AppleID and password and then I am presented with a message to "Verify your email address" which, in my case, is an old <xxxxxxx>@mac.com address.

The issue is, I am unable to check that email address account. I have seen posts that say it's the same as your @icloud.com account but looking there does not have this "verify email account" email.

If I add my @mac.com email account to iOS Mail, it is either not working or I entered an incorrect password (which is possible since the account is almost 20 years old and I don't know what password I used back then).

Any ideas?

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 8:21 AM

The email address password is the same as your Apple ID password that you used to log into iCloud.com.

Do you have a rescue email address on your Apple ID? See the Apple Support article(s) below.

Apple ID - Password/Security Questions verification e-mail not received.

Similar questions

1 reply

AppleID site asking to verify email address but it's a mac.com email that I am unable to reach

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.