Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud email (Apple ID) verify response "email address not available"

Hello - I have been trying to log into my icloud account on my macbook pro - tried safari and google chrome browsers. When I try to log in using my Apple ID and password, I am being asked to verify my email address. When I put in my email address to verify I am bounced back with - I am not able to go past this step. This IS my email address associated with my apple ID and icloud - and my password has never changed. What gives? Anybody?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 2:40 PM

Oddly - I was always able to log into icloud.com using my @me.com email address/Apple ID

For some reason they now want me to use @icloud.com email address as my Apple ID. I had to set up a new password to use the icloud.com apple id and now I'm able to get into icloud.com on the web. Spent over an hour on the phone with icloud support and transferred to Senior Advisor who helped me try different options icloud.com vs me.com. Its all very strange b/c up until now I have never had an issue logging in with @me.com Apple ID. Either way its remedied now. I supposed I'll have to update my phone and computers with the "new" @icloud.com Apple ID. Crazy..... Thanks everybody.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 2:40 PM in response to tygb

Oddly - I was always able to log into icloud.com using my @me.com email address/Apple ID

For some reason they now want me to use @icloud.com email address as my Apple ID. I had to set up a new password to use the icloud.com apple id and now I'm able to get into icloud.com on the web. Spent over an hour on the phone with icloud support and transferred to Senior Advisor who helped me try different options icloud.com vs me.com. Its all very strange b/c up until now I have never had an issue logging in with @me.com Apple ID. Either way its remedied now. I supposed I'll have to update my phone and computers with the "new" @icloud.com Apple ID. Crazy..... Thanks everybody.

Jun 21, 2022 11:21 AM in response to lisafromsealbeach

You are using old mail address as an Apple ID to sign from iCloud.com say example1@me.com see the article iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

Better change the Apple ID say example2@icloud.com or say example3@gmail.com you had already created Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

The account is set up with 2FA Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Jun 21, 2022 11:33 AM in response to lisafromsealbeach

lisafromsealbeach,

We appreciate those additional screenshots and details. 

To confirm, are you already signed in with this Apple ID on your Mac or another device? If so, are you receiving a verification email in the Mail app on any of your email accounts associated with your Apple ID account? 

Set up iCloud for Mail on all your devices

If not, then we would recommend contacting our Apple ID Support to get the best assistance with this issue going forward. 

Get Support

Cheers!

Jun 21, 2022 2:03 PM in response to lisafromsealbeach

The apple id is signed in Mac system preferences > you know the password is correct , if Apple ID is incorrect or its identity is zero on the server this link will help https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

A green check mark will appear if account is verified , your screen shot clear shows that Apple ID address is incorrect stating use another Apple ID .

Take suggestions from senior apple care advisor Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

This article Set up iCloud for Mail on all your devices - Apple Support

is helpful for adding a new Apple ID address in device it could be Mac / iPhone and its not relevant to the problem of primary Apple ID ending with me.com ( change your Apple ID you are using latest version of Mac and in it this Apple ID is outdated and not compatible with 2FA account ) .

Jun 21, 2022 11:13 AM in response to Gena_D

Hi Gina! Thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate your attempt to help me. It certainly does look like I'm trying to set up a new address. This is the screen I am taken to when trying to sign into icloud. Maybe these screen shots will help to show the exact process I am going thru to get to that screen. Its so bizarre. I know my Apple ID and password!! LOL

Jun 21, 2022 10:32 AM in response to lisafromsealbeach

Hello, lisafromsealbeach.

From the screenshot you're sharing, this shows that you are attempting to set up a new email address, not sign into one. If you recently attempted to set up a new address, have you checked your email for a confirmation from Apple? In that email, you should see a link requesting that you confirm the address. When you click that, it should take you to a page where it shows the confirmation is successful.

After that process is successful, when you want to log in to iCloud, you can go to the iCloud login page and sign in there.

Please let us know more about the exact process you are taking to sign in and if these steps are completed successfully. Take care!

Icloud email (Apple ID) verify response "email address not available"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.