Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringer and Alerts volume

Ringer and alerts volume keeps going to zero on new iPhone SE 2020. Tried all resets and everything else. Still does it

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 9:26 AM

12 replies

Oct 28, 2020 2:25 PM in response to Hoveyroad

Hi Hoveyroad,

It sounds like your iPhone's volume is changing unexpectedly, and we'd love to look into this with you.

To help isolate this issue, we'd like to ask a few questions.

1. Which iOS version is your device running? Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
  2. Do you use a case with your device? If so, does the issue continue to happen when the case is removed? We just want to make sure the case isn't putting pressure on the volume buttons and causing these changes.
  3. Do you use a wired or wireless accessory with volume control buttons with your iPhone? If so, please test the issue with accessory unplugged or unpaired from the iPhone, and let us know if that changes anything.
  4. If you go to Settings > Sound & Haptics, is "Change with Buttons" enabled or disabled? Adjust the volume on iPhone

Thanks!

Nov 5, 2020 7:36 AM in response to Hoveyroad

Hoveyroad,

Thanks for following up.

It sounds like the issue seems to occur when connecting to a Bluetooth device, correct? Does the issue persist when your iPhone is no longer connected to a Bluetooth device, or when it's away from the volume buttons on the accessory? If so, we'd like to get you in touch with our support team, so they can review some additional information.

Please contact our support team here:

Get Support

Have a nice day!

Nov 4, 2020 11:44 AM in response to sterling r

I have the same problem with my iPhone SE 2020. Connecting and then disconnecting my iPhone to my car's Bluetooth seems to be the precipitating issue. I have the latest iOS on my phone, the case does not seem to be the issue, and I have the same problem with the "Change with Buttons" both enabled and disabled. Please advise.

Ringer and Alerts volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.