Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2020 Macbook Pro having graphics issue

I bought my Macbook Pro in June 2020, and just experienced the strangest thing. It looks like there's an issue with the graphics card, but when I restarted the machine it worked. Do you have any idea why this would happen? Should I take the laptop in for repairs?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 7:59 PM

applemc2 Said:

"2020 Macbook Pro having graphics issue: I bought my Macbook Pro in June 2020, and just experienced the strangest thing. It looks like there's an issue with the graphics card, but when I restarted the machine it worked. Do you have any idea why this would happen? Should I take the laptop in for repairs?"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warraty. So, contact Apple Support. I would think the issue here is that the screen has become disconnected from the LogicBoard.

So, to Get this Serviced:

You would either:

Contacting Apple Support:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. And this makes sense, because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 7:59 PM in response to applemc2

applemc2 Said:

"2020 Macbook Pro having graphics issue: I bought my Macbook Pro in June 2020, and just experienced the strangest thing. It looks like there's an issue with the graphics card, but when I restarted the machine it worked. Do you have any idea why this would happen? Should I take the laptop in for repairs?"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warraty. So, contact Apple Support. I would think the issue here is that the screen has become disconnected from the LogicBoard.

So, to Get this Serviced:

You would either:

Contacting Apple Support:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. And this makes sense, because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

2020 Macbook Pro having graphics issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.