Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac update incompatible with HP printer f2100 series

Since last Thursday October 23rd I am unable to print with OS Catalina 10.15. First I got the error the software was corrupted or missing. I delete the software and downloaded again, and now I got the error "waiting for printer to become available". Actually the printer works, the problem is the new update from apple for Catalina.

Please provide any solution to this issue, it cannot be you make an update and we all need to buy new printers, and which one? also some of the relative new printers have now software issue.

The printer can print with other laptops, and with the macbook pro has connection since luckily the scanner is still working.

Thank you for your support.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 11:25 PM

I tried the following, and this was the only thing that really worked:

1. Go to the printer folder from the library.
  2. Open the printers folder.  Choose Edit>select all, which selects all items in the Printers folder
  3. Choose File>new folder with Selection, which puts all of the selected items onto a new folder named New Folder With Items.  To save storage space, you can delete this folder.

Then go to System Preferences and add the printer. Download the software and voilà, it worked!!!! now printer found and available, ready to print.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2020 11:25 PM in response to Kaninky

I tried the following, and this was the only thing that really worked:

1. Go to the printer folder from the library.
  2. Open the printers folder.  Choose Edit>select all, which selects all items in the Printers folder
  3. Choose File>new folder with Selection, which puts all of the selected items onto a new folder named New Folder With Items.  To save storage space, you can delete this folder.

Then go to System Preferences and add the printer. Download the software and voilà, it worked!!!! now printer found and available, ready to print.

Oct 26, 2020 11:26 AM in response to Kaninky

See if deleting and re-creating its print queue TODAY will re-download the fixed version of hp software. The new version is supposed to be fixed.

Many, but not all, are fixed by installing this software from hp:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essentials-S-5_14_8_4.pkg

more advanced printers use this one:

HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for OS X

Mac update incompatible with HP printer f2100 series

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.