Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

activation lock for father who has passed away

Hi. My Father passed away and we are handling his affairs. He had an iPhone 6s, which I have restored to factory setting by connecting to my MacBook, but I need to get through the activation lock in order that I may use it as a new iPhone. The difficulty is I have my father's e-mail address but don't know his password and despite going through to the guidance on apple support I can't sort this out. Has anyone else found difficulties on this and can give me some simple guidance. Thanks,

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 3:13 PM

jonnyrusto wrote:

Hi. My Father passed away and we are handling his affairs. He had an iPhone 6s, which I have restored to factory setting by connecting to my MacBook, but I need to get through the activation lock in order that I may use it as a new iPhone. The difficulty is I have my father's e-mail address but don't know his password and despite going through to the guidance on apple support I can't sort this out. Has anyone else found difficulties on this and can give me some simple guidance. Thanks,

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2020 3:13 PM in response to jonnyrusto

jonnyrusto wrote:

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

activation lock for father who has passed away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.