Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone lags when unlocking

Since iOS 13 my iPhone 7 Plus keeps lagging when unlocking it. Scrolling homescreen, opening apps or typing goes so slow that it feels frozen for a moment. It does not happen always, and there is no specific way to trigger it besides unlocking and locking the phone several times in a row.

I also noticed that te lock icon on the status bar doesn’t go away when the phone its unlocked and only when it dissappears (after 5/6 seconds) the phone starts working fast as usual.

Is anyone else having this issue?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 2:48 PM

14 replies

Dec 9, 2020 7:49 AM in response to spaceman1106

If it’s a software problem for sure why aren’t there millions of reports of it here and in the tech press? There are over 100 million phones that have been updated to iOS 14; something as obvious a problem as yours would surely affect millions of users.

Yes, it’s probably a software problem, but it is a software problem on your phone, not in a version used by hundreds of millions of users.

Dec 9, 2020 7:54 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

The problem as others said and from my experience is on the iPhone 7 or older, some kind of software doesn’t work good with the Touch ID when the phone is locked and the screen is off, if I wake the screen first then I unlock it everything works fine. At first I thought that the phone gets slower because it’s old, and it’s true in some ways, but then I searched for a solution and I saw that others have this problem too.

iPhone lags when unlocking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.