Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 calendar showing yesterday's date for today's events

My iPhone8 is set to automatically set the timezone. iOS 14.01, now iOS 14.1.

In the calendar app, I maintain two calendars: 1. Google, 2. work calendar via CalDav.

Typically I'm in CA, and the calendar shows entries as followed, for example

Thursday Oct 29

• calendar entry 1 for Oct 29 from Google Calendar
  • calendar entry 2 for Oct 29 from CalDav Calendar

All looking good.

After arriving in Hawaii, the date/time is adjusted from "Los Angeles" to "Honolulu", and calendar entries now have the heading from the day before, here

Wednesday Oct 28

• calendar entry 1 for Oct 29 from Google Calendar
  • calendar entry 2 for Oct 29 from CalDav Calendar

The same happens with any timezone earlier than CA, for example, Fairbanks, Juneau, Pitcairns Islands, Hawaii, Tahiti. If set to anything equal or later to California, the calendar entries are correct again.

This can be reproduced by manually changing timezones. It appears that anything earlier than CA is consider "yesterday" ;).

Has anyone else also experienced this problem ? Is this a known issue, is there a fix for it ?

Thanks!

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 4:43 PM

Here are screenshots ...

First images shows birthdays on Oct 26 and Oct 29, correctly.

The "meetings" are Monday and Tuesday at 11am, and a Zoom Meeting Thursday at 7:30 pm Pacific.

Second image shows that everything moved to the day before as far as the heading is concerned, when switching to Hawaii, which in the ends makes everything wrong, as the birthdays are not a day earlier now, nor has the Monday meeting moved to Sunday, just because I'm in a timezone 3 hours behind.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2020 4:43 PM in response to pommi

Here are screenshots ...

First images shows birthdays on Oct 26 and Oct 29, correctly.

The "meetings" are Monday and Tuesday at 11am, and a Zoom Meeting Thursday at 7:30 pm Pacific.

Second image shows that everything moved to the day before as far as the heading is concerned, when switching to Hawaii, which in the ends makes everything wrong, as the birthdays are not a day earlier now, nor has the Monday meeting moved to Sunday, just because I'm in a timezone 3 hours behind.

Oct 29, 2020 4:15 PM in response to pommi

Calendar entries will stay on the same actual time (the time where you created them if you like - or more technically, universal time.). This is important for example if you are arranging meetings with people from a different timezone (Eg for online meetings). They will see the calendar entry at their local time. When you go into their timezone, you will also see the same calendar entry at the time they have always seen it.

See also:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/calendar/icl1035/mac

Oct 29, 2020 4:28 PM in response to TonyCollinet

Tom,

thanks for the reply, but I think this is not related to the problem I'm seeing.

Today is Thu Oct 29, so for Calendar to show a heading of "Wed Oct 28" just because I'm 3 hours behind CA, is wrong. Switching to "Los Angeles" shows the heading correctly as "Oct 29". It's still Thu Oct 29 for both locations, not Wed Oct 28 for any timezone earlier than Los Angeles/CA.

To add the time:

• using Los Angeles:

Thursday Oct 29

• calendar entry 1 for Oct 29 from Google Calendar 7:30pm Pacific (timezone at creation was Los Angeles)
  • calendar entry 2 for Oct 29 from CalDav Calendar all-day event

• using Hawaii:

Wednesday Oct 28 <<<<===== this is wrong

• calendar entry 1 for Oct 29 from Google Calendar 7:30pm Pacific (timezone at creation was Los Angeles)
  • calendar entry 2 for Oct 29 from CalDav Calendar all-day event

Oct 30, 2020 6:48 PM in response to pommi

The problem can be fixed by disabling Time Zone Override in Settings -> Calendar.

For me, it was enabled and set to San Francisco.

While this correctly kept the meeting times at San Francisco timezone, it also caused the heading to show a day earlier.

After disabling Time Zone Override, the heading is now showing the current day, and meeting time is shown in local time, not San Francisco time.

So there's still a bug, but which can be worked around.

iOS 14 calendar showing yesterday's date for today's events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.