Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB-C to USB not fitting with USB stick

Just bought a USB-C to USB cable so I can still use my USB sticks with my new MacBook but none of my USB sticks are fitting in the USB port. Any suggestions? I'm positive I bought the right cord.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 9:09 PM

Chelsea'siPhoneisBroken:

"USB-C to USB not fitting with USB stick: Just bought a USB-C to USB cable so I can still use my USB sticks with my new MacBook but none of my USB sticks are fitting in the USB port. Any suggestions? I'm positive I bought the right cord."

-------

Start by Determining your Ports:

Go Here: Identify the ports on your Mac - Apple

This Seems what you Need: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple. Is that what you purchased? If so, and it is not fitting in the female USB-A port, then there may be a dent in the port. So, return it, and purchase a new one. Ask if you may try it, prior to walking out with the purchase.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2020 9:09 PM in response to Chelsea'siPhoneisBroken

Chelsea'siPhoneisBroken:

"USB-C to USB not fitting with USB stick: Just bought a USB-C to USB cable so I can still use my USB sticks with my new MacBook but none of my USB sticks are fitting in the USB port. Any suggestions? I'm positive I bought the right cord."

-------

Start by Determining your Ports:

Go Here: Identify the ports on your Mac - Apple

This Seems what you Need: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple. Is that what you purchased? If so, and it is not fitting in the female USB-A port, then there may be a dent in the port. So, return it, and purchase a new one. Ask if you may try it, prior to walking out with the purchase.

Oct 29, 2020 9:55 PM in response to Chelsea'siPhoneisBroken

Chelsea'siPhoneisBroken:

"USB-C to USB not fitting with USB stick: Yes, that is what I purchased. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure how much I should be wiggling/pushing safely but I definitely don't think it should be this hard. I'll have to return it tomorrow."

-------

You are welcome.

Jut be certain, to let it be and stop inserting the items, as they will be come more damaged.

USB-C to USB not fitting with USB stick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.