Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A1264 connect to BT Smart Hub wifi for airplay

I have an old airport express A1264 which I am trying to connect my BT smart hub over wifi to use for airplay to my hifi. I am using the Airport utility & choosing 'other options' to connect to an existing network. I keep getting 'An unexpected error occurred. Try again.' I have performed plugin resets on the airport & get the same result.

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 1:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 1:42 AM

I don't have a BT smart hub but I have a non-apple router and an A1264

The trick here is to setup the express first as normal wireless router. Give it a nominal name.. now I also plugged it by ethernet to the computer as I find this always helps. At the first part it won't.. so you must use wireless. Ignore all the errors.. they don't matter.

Click on Edit and go to the wireless tab. Select Join a wireless network.

Type in the name of wireless network 2.4ghz only on the BT smart hub.. or select it from dropdown box.

Type in the password.. wait the required time.

And success.

Now I disconnect the ethernet..

Which may not have been necessary at all.. to get it going..

It now appears as Airplay speaker in iTunes.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2020 1:42 AM in response to rvmiddleton

I don't have a BT smart hub but I have a non-apple router and an A1264

The trick here is to setup the express first as normal wireless router. Give it a nominal name.. now I also plugged it by ethernet to the computer as I find this always helps. At the first part it won't.. so you must use wireless. Ignore all the errors.. they don't matter.

Click on Edit and go to the wireless tab. Select Join a wireless network.

Type in the name of wireless network 2.4ghz only on the BT smart hub.. or select it from dropdown box.

Type in the password.. wait the required time.

And success.

Now I disconnect the ethernet..

Which may not have been necessary at all.. to get it going..

It now appears as Airplay speaker in iTunes.

A1264 connect to BT Smart Hub wifi for airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.