Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to check for Update

Since the IOS14 update my series 3 watch is unable to update. I have done some research and still have been unsuccessful.

I have done

1) switch from 2.5ghz WiFi to 5ghz

2) restart watch and phone

3) unpair iwatch and remove icloud

4) Uninstall watch app and redownload

5) click try again on the watch setup numerous time and have started over numerous times

5) hold crown and power at same time to restart watch

6) try WiFi other than my home WiFi

7) try to pair with an older model phone

I am running out of ideas and it’s probably been a month if not more without being able to use the watch

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 8:19 PM

4 replies

Nov 3, 2020 6:12 PM in response to Dx2tony

Hello Dx2tony,

We see that you're running into an issue with updating the watchOS software on your Apple Watch. We can understand your concerns. What type of iPhone is the Apple Watch paired to? Have you checked to verify that the iPhone iOS software is up-to-date? You can check for new iPhone updates directly on the iPhone by going to Settings > General > Software Update.

Also, check out and follow these steps to Update your Apple Watch.

Best regards!

Nov 3, 2020 8:44 PM in response to Jeff_W.

Hey Jeff,

I am using an IPhone XS.

I am on IOS 14.1 and is up to date.

The watch is not paired to the phone anymore and I can not get it to finish pairing. I have tried an IPhone 6S also but unsuccessful.

I have noticed when I hit the power button and then hold the crown it’ll flash that my WiFi can not be connected. It doesn’t give me the option to put in WiFi password either.

Unable to check for Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.