Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 w/ iOS 14.1 poor hearing aid connectivity

Ever since upgrading from my iPhone 11 Max to my iPhone 12 Max, my ReSound LiNX Quattro hearing aids are having connection and quality issues. I'm experiencing a lot of static and in general a touchy connection where one or both ears will cut sound. Often times just turning my head sometimes cuts out sound from one ear. It seems the iPhone needs to be VERY close to work as well, the distance (like laying on my desk) causes increased static and stability issues. Anyone else having a similar issue?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 8:19 AM

Just got an iPhone 12 and am also having hearing aid issues. Connection is not an issue but the right one has a lot of interference on phone calls, enough that I have to remove it when on the phone. Left is OK. I have Oticon miniRite and did not have an issue with my iPhone 8. Had not upgraded to iOS 14 on the 8 so don't know if it is a phone issue or iOS issue.

281 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2020 8:19 AM in response to TimLindner

Just got an iPhone 12 and am also having hearing aid issues. Connection is not an issue but the right one has a lot of interference on phone calls, enough that I have to remove it when on the phone. Left is OK. I have Oticon miniRite and did not have an issue with my iPhone 8. Had not upgraded to iOS 14 on the 8 so don't know if it is a phone issue or iOS issue.

Nov 2, 2020 5:39 AM in response to TimLindner

Hi Tim,

Yes, there are several of us experiencing the same with the iPhone 12. Do a search here for "resound" posts in the past couple of weeks and you'll find a couple different threads. We are waiting on a fix from Apple or ReSound. Basically this is a lesson for us all not to be the first upgraders when we depend so much on this technology.

Nov 14, 2020 5:12 AM in response to TimLindner

TimLindner wrote: "My worry is it's a hardware or 5G issue that isn't fixable with a software update."

Tim ~ "Apple is aware of this issue and will provide a fix in a future software update." Source:

If your Made for iPhone hearing device has sound quality issues when connected to an iPhone 12 model

...Also:

"I have been in contact with Apple and they said they are getting closer to a fix. Until then I was told to go into settings - accessibility - Hearing Devices - top item, MFI hearing devices - Uncheck “Stream to left hearing device”. Do this until we get an update fix. I have not had the static noise since I did this. You will only hear with your right hearing aid until it is fixed." [Source]

õ¿õ¬

Nov 14, 2020 1:43 PM in response to TimLindner

Hi TimLindner, 

Thank you for sharing feedback about your current experience. There’s a recently updated Apple article related to what you are describing and states "Apple is aware of this issue and will provide a fix in a future software update."

If your Made for iPhone hearing device has sound quality issues when connected to an iPhone 12 model

Thank you!

Nov 15, 2020 8:49 AM in response to TimLindner

Hello TimLindner,

We see you're experiencing connection and static issues when using your hearing aids with your iPhone 12 Pro Max.

This article addresses this issue: If your Made for iPhone hearing device has sound quality issues when connected to an iPhone 12 model

Note that "Apple is aware of this issue and will provide a fix in a future software update."

Take care!

Nov 16, 2020 5:22 AM in response to larryfromcanton

I am sorry to hear your having the same hearing aid issues with your new ipad that the rest of us are having with our iphone12's.

However, this is actually good news. Since the ipad air does not have magsafe it's less likely a physical design issue, like say the magsafe causing interference and more likely a Bluetooth chipset issue. Hopefully fixable with a firmware upgrade very soon.

just so you know apple is aware of the problem and they are working to fix the issue.

response from apple.

"We see you're experiencing connection and static issues when using your hearing aids with your iPhone 12 Pro Max.

This article addresses this issue: If your Made for iPhone hearing device has sound quality issues when connected to an iPhone 12 model

Note that "Apple is aware of this issue and will provide a fix in a future software update."

Nov 17, 2020 4:05 AM in response to Robert Robinson2

Robert ~ I don't know whether you've already seen the following in a previous page in this same thread...

"Apple is aware of this issue and will provide a fix in a future software update." Source:

...Also:

"I have been in contact with Apple and they said they are getting closer to a fix. Until then I was told to go into settings - accessibility - Hearing Devices - top item, MFI hearing devices - Uncheck “Stream to left hearing device”. Do this until we get an update fix. I have not had the static noise since I did this. You will only hear with your right hearing aid until it is fixed." [Source]

õ¿õ¬

Nov 18, 2020 3:17 AM in response to Ecca308

Ecca308 wrote: "Mine are doing the same!"

In case you missed it previously in this same thread:

"Apple is aware of this issue and will provide a fix in a future software update." Source:

...Also:

õ¿õ¬

Nov 22, 2020 2:46 AM in response to bimmermanz3

bimmermanz3 wrote: "...new iPhone 12 mini running iOS 14.1."

OS 14.2.1 addresses the following issues for your iPhone:
Some MMS messages may not be received
• Made for iPhone hearing devices could have sound quality issues when listening to audio from iPhone
Lock Screen could become unresponsive on iPhone 12 mini

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

õ¿õ¬

Nov 2, 2020 3:57 PM in response to TimLindner

I have the new Resound One 9 hearing aids with new iPhone 12 Pro and ios 14.2. The static occurs occasionally when using the iPhone, as well as the TV Streamer or MultiMic, which are activated via the iPhone. It goes back and forth between right and left ears and is very loud and horrible.

This issue seems to be running across more than one brand of hearing aids so is likely an iPhone and or ios issue.

iPhone 12 w/ iOS 14.1 poor hearing aid connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.