Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Four quadrants chart

I try to make a very simple chart with Apple Numbers or Pages.

I could find how to make complex charts here:

https://support.apple.com/guide/pages/modify-chart-data-tana5ac9c5ea/mac

I want something much simpler. Just 4 areas, 4 colors. In the horizontal: first and second. In the vertical low and hight.

How can I do that with Numbers and export to Pages?

Thank you!

iMac, OS X 10.10

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 4:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 7:25 PM

NarcisMG wrote:

I want something much simpler. Just 4 areas, 4 colors. In the horizontal: first and second. In the vertical low and hight.

Are you looking for something roughly similar to this this?

I selected columns B and C in the table and then Insert > Chart > 2D scatter.

To get horizontal and vertical lines click the chart and in the Axis tab at the right Add Reference Line. Do that for both the Value (X) and Value (Y). And uncheck Show Name: and Show Value:

Unfortunately is is not so easy to get four different colors or text labels for each of the points, though you can show the numerical values, as I have here.

As for exporting to Pages, just select the chart, command-c to copy, click in Pages, and command-v to paste.

SG

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 2, 2020 7:25 PM in response to NarcisMG

NarcisMG wrote:

Are you looking for something roughly similar to this this?

I selected columns B and C in the table and then Insert > Chart > 2D scatter.

To get horizontal and vertical lines click the chart and in the Axis tab at the right Add Reference Line. Do that for both the Value (X) and Value (Y). And uncheck Show Name: and Show Value:

Unfortunately is is not so easy to get four different colors or text labels for each of the points, though you can show the numerical values, as I have here.

As for exporting to Pages, just select the chart, command-c to copy, click in Pages, and command-v to paste.

SG

Four quadrants chart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.