Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Numbers App > Chart > Bar > Fill Color > How to edit color for ONE bar in series?

Apple Numbers App > Chart > Bar > Fill Color > How to edit color for ONE bar in series?

Able to change the color of entire bar chart, but not finding a way to color ONE bar inside the chart.

Closest resolution:

https://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/change_the_color_of_a_chart_in_numbers

Post is exactly what is needed, however the solution is to Numbers 2011 and not finding how this is accomplished in current Numbers.

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 6:43 AM

I started a new document based on the 'Charting Basics' template at File > New in the menu.

I clicked on the column chart in the 'Column and Bar Charts' sheet (tab), then the 'Edit Data References' rectangle.

I selected Chloe in the Fundraiser Results by Salesperson table, then went to the 'Style' tab in the right panel.

Changing the fill color there will affect only Chloe.

I clicked 'Done' to accept the color change.

SG

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2022 6:43 AM in response to Do_Not_FORCE_ALL_PW_to_iCloud

I started a new document based on the 'Charting Basics' template at File > New in the menu.

I clicked on the column chart in the 'Column and Bar Charts' sheet (tab), then the 'Edit Data References' rectangle.

I selected Chloe in the Fundraiser Results by Salesperson table, then went to the 'Style' tab in the right panel.

Changing the fill color there will affect only Chloe.

I clicked 'Done' to accept the color change.

SG

Jan 9, 2022 8:46 AM in response to SGIII

This was helpful, as I had the charts comprising of specified cells instead of rows. Selecting the entire row now allows for customizing color for each bar.

NOW, that said, the table in the example is rather simple and am hitting a different wrinkle.... in the example shared, add a middle column between Participant and Units Sold. How could that column be excluded from the chart, so the chart is only showing the label (column 1) and data column (column 3)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.