Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Trade in declined

If you have a cracked camera like I did the value of your trade in will go from $450 to $0. Apple removed my prior post about this and deemed in not valuable for this community. All of the other parts are in working condition. Does anyone know where I can get the glass on my camera repaired?

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 11:47 AM

The value is determined by Apple’s partner, an independent buyer of used devices (BrightStar Inc, a privately held company). They decide what has value to them, and for the most part they couldn’t care less about a device for parts. They want sellable used devices that they then re-sell. So any damage renders the device of no value to them. Gazelle and other used device buyers are the same - they need fully functional devices for re-sale on the used market. They also sell them to carriers for use as loaners, or even service replacements. So the device has to be fully functional for them to offer anything for it.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2020 11:47 AM in response to MMCFL

The value is determined by Apple’s partner, an independent buyer of used devices (BrightStar Inc, a privately held company). They decide what has value to them, and for the most part they couldn’t care less about a device for parts. They want sellable used devices that they then re-sell. So any damage renders the device of no value to them. Gazelle and other used device buyers are the same - they need fully functional devices for re-sale on the used market. They also sell them to carriers for use as loaners, or even service replacements. So the device has to be fully functional for them to offer anything for it.

iPhone Trade in declined

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.