Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse pointer size on iOS 14.2

Good evening! When I updated to iOS 14.2, my mouse pointer size became bigger, and I thought it was not normal, I tried to reduce the pointer, but it was still so much bigger. When I turned off AssistiveTouch, my pointer was normal again. So, now I can’t use my mouse with AssistiveTouch turned on, and I need that sometimes, I hope Apple will fix it on the next software update. This is the temporary solution that I’m using.

Well, tell me if you guys have this issue too.

André.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 10:15 PM

Yes Andre.. absolutely same here... but just don't disable the touch gesture .. it won't let you scroll up down or sideways on various apps... In plain words it would just block the assistive touch from functioning well....

please bear with this size, as of now..!

Seriously Apple.. God... What happened man... we use iPad for it's device compatibility and seamless performance... this cursor size is nothing less than an eclipse man.. and confusing too... pls give back the previous pointer device settings...

believe it or not.. this update is also restricting other mouse features as well... scrolling is not good any more ... sometimes it's just not working to be honest.. like in the settings app..!!!

pls fix it pls...

Similar questions

102 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2020 10:15 PM in response to andre1005

Yes Andre.. absolutely same here... but just don't disable the touch gesture .. it won't let you scroll up down or sideways on various apps... In plain words it would just block the assistive touch from functioning well....

please bear with this size, as of now..!

Seriously Apple.. God... What happened man... we use iPad for it's device compatibility and seamless performance... this cursor size is nothing less than an eclipse man.. and confusing too... pls give back the previous pointer device settings...

believe it or not.. this update is also restricting other mouse features as well... scrolling is not good any more ... sometimes it's just not working to be honest.. like in the settings app..!!!

pls fix it pls...

Dec 23, 2020 9:13 PM in response to stoker12

All fixed. Here was my error in trying to fix this problem. When i set out to do what I call a fresh install, I went to Reset, and Reset All settings & Data. I thought that by doing that, the bare iOS would install, then I would have to either manually go through and start from scratch, or Restore from my Backup.Today I learned at the Apple store, that my idea of a fresh install was NOT what I needed , and that I had to go to my Mac, and Reinstall the iOS to " Factory Settings". That was the big distinction. That way, I didn't carry over any weirdness from the internal iOS that kept on being installed, and causing the Assistive Touch problem ultimately. So, if any of you have gone as far as doing what they call a Fresh install to clear up this problem, by the way I was doing it, please try and do it my way, and thanks for letting me know, if you also were successful. I have to say my Assistive touch problem has completely gone away now as of tonight. I had gone to Apple to pick up a replacement Magic keyboard, but upon learning that after trying my existing keyboard with their Demo model, I learned that it was not my keyboard being a problem. So, I left the new keyboard with them, deciding it would be a waste of time. From there, this afternoon, I have solved the problem. Looking forward to learning whether your fixed keyboard became your Christmas present. Here is the Apple link for a Factory install, in case you need it. https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201252

Nov 8, 2020 11:28 AM in response to andre1005

iPad Magic keyboard has been acting abnormally to me for quite some time. Even from inception. I occasionally corrected problems by turning settings off and on. Then I would get a stretch of things working properly. Then I strayed off the beaten path and tried Public beta 14,, then 14.2 and things got worse. I thought getting back to normal iOS 14.1 would stabilize things, but didn't. Having same problem of having Assistive touch to stick, and not create problems, like abnormal size of pointer, Assistive touch dot not reacting to anything further like pop up customizations. I basically am turning off assistive touch until I see some affirmation that they have addressed this problem. Productivity on my iPad reduced immensely as this is one of the tools that I use instead of keyboard shortcuts, which are also lacking. Thanks for fixing apple. I think you will see many more people commenting on this Assistive touch problem.

Nov 9, 2020 3:26 PM in response to stoker12

Thanks for the article; I suppose it’s possible that this part of the issue, although I don’t think that the apple magic keyboard runs on BT. It directly connects to the smart connector. In any case, I hope Apple is looking at these treads and plans on addressing the issue soon. We paid way too much money for our keyboards to be so buggy with this latest update.

Nov 9, 2020 3:30 PM in response to Fj1811

Actually, Fj1811, it does use Bluetooth. “Apple Magic Mouse 2, Magic KeyboardMagic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, and Magic Trackpad 2 work wirelessly with your Mac via Bluetooth when they're paired and turned on. If your devices came with a new iMac, they're already paired with the computer.May 30, 2018”

Nov 12, 2020 5:48 AM in response to andre1005

Been having the same problems.Found that attaching the Magic Keyboard to my IPad Pro 12.92020 causes among others, keyboard flashing backlights, trackpad glitches, enlarge cursor, touch glitches etc. All efforts incl restarts don’t work. Finally, deactivate Assistive Touch & used iPad without Magic Keyboard for2 days magically solved the problem.

Nov 12, 2020 6:29 AM in response to andre1005

Found out that all these glitches occur when connecting the iPad to the Magic Keyboard. Among others, trackpad goes haywire, touch glitches, keyboard illumination flashes uncontrollably, notification bell rings without reason. Tried resetting, unable Assistive Touch but does not work. So I enabled Assistive Touch & disconnected Magic Keyboard for 2 days. When I reconnected today, all glitches magically disappears. All problems came about after the iPad OS 14.2 updates. Now have a problem with spacebar press does not “space” words & having to use Shift+Space after every word. Solved that by clearing attribute to Space bar under Keyboard settings. Hope this helps. Also, enlarged cursor has returned to normal.

Mouse pointer size on iOS 14.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.