Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook is blocking installing Security Update 2020-005 High Sierra -- I quit all applications and restarted multiple times, but the computer won't shut off and restart. Help!

My MacBook is blocking installing Security Update 2020-005 High Sierra -- I quit all applications and restarted multiple times, but the computer won't shut off and restart. Help!

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 11:21 AM

Suggest this. Download the standalone Installer here. Allow it to download and stop there. Check for How much Empty Space is on the internal drive. It Must be at least 20+ GB Empty Space otherwise it will NOT install. Now, disconnect any USB drives. Shutdown the computer. If a laptop connect to charger. Startup the computer and Immediately hold the Shift Key. This is Safe Mode and will load must more slowly. Once Logged In, Run the Installer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2020 11:21 AM in response to Turkey10

Suggest this. Download the standalone Installer here. Allow it to download and stop there. Check for How much Empty Space is on the internal drive. It Must be at least 20+ GB Empty Space otherwise it will NOT install. Now, disconnect any USB drives. Shutdown the computer. If a laptop connect to charger. Startup the computer and Immediately hold the Shift Key. This is Safe Mode and will load must more slowly. Once Logged In, Run the Installer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.