Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic keyboard cursor after iPadOS 14.2 updated

The magic keyboard cursor icon become bigger compare to previous version. Try to change in the setting but it was the minimum for it. Hopefully next update will change it back to normal.

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 12:29 PM

Ok, found a temporary workaround until they fix it with a new update. Make sure to disable AssistiveTouch via Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch and the pointer should turn back to normal.

37 replies

Dec 3, 2020 7:07 AM in response to limfromklang

There are 2 options to set it back to before: 1. Turn off “AssistiveTouch”, which fixes the problem but also disables custom buttons and other nice functions. 2. Turn off “Perform Touch Gestures” and let AssistiveTouch on, you will still have custom buttons and the other functions from AssisstiveTouch. The only thing is that it makes opening Safari from dock and opening a new tab in safari a bit laggy/buggy.

You can also report the problem to https://apple.com/feedback. I hope they update soon.

Nov 11, 2020 5:24 AM in response to visarhoax

I think its not a bug but actually a fix - previously we needed to have assistive touch on to enable mouse support - now apple keyboard mouse support is native without need to enable assistive touch. It fixes little bit annoying home button that was appearing each time you took iPad off the keyboard case and there was no way to disable it

Nov 15, 2020 1:03 AM in response to limfromklang

I’m using a Magic Mouse with an iPad which has a broken sleep button so AssitiveTouch is needed

To my surprise, the mouse cursor icon has become much bigger since the update to iPadOS 14.2

The only fix, which is also a stupid one, is to turn off AssistiveTouch so that the cursor icon can go back to normal again

In short, I have to switch on and off AssistiveTouch every time I need to use my iPad with the Magic Mouse

Ridiculous! Apple, what have you guys been doing? There are just way too many technical glitches everywhere across all product categories and assortments

I’m a loyal Apple consumer. Please do something. Don’t ever be complacent

Magic keyboard cursor after iPadOS 14.2 updated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.