Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max won’t send sms pictures

As stated in the title, I’m having a horrendous time sending pictures as SMS message. Meaning that all of my friends and family with android phones hardly ever get my pic messages. Sometimes they work without doing anything extra, sometimes they work after a hard reboot of my phone, other times it will say they weren’t delivered but they had been delivered. I’ve done everything from downsizing the photos in an app to taking screenshots for smaller file sizes.

I wish I had never upgraded to this model as it’s been a series of problems from the start. This is the first iPhone I’ve ever had that’s done stuff like this and now I’m locked into a service provider contract until it’s paid off. This is ridiculous. I’m paying over $1k for a phone that’s absolute garbage.

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 10:22 AM

z3r0c00l85 wrote:

As stated in the title, I’m having a horrendous time sending pictures as SMS message. Meaning that all of my friends and family with android phones hardly ever get my pic messages. Sometimes they work without doing anything extra, sometimes they work after a hard reboot of my phone, other times it will say they weren’t delivered but they had been delivered. I’ve done everything from downsizing the photos in an app to taking screenshots for smaller file sizes.

I wish I had never upgraded to this model as it’s been a series of problems from the start. This is the first iPhone I’ve ever had that’s done stuff like this and now I’m locked into a service provider contract until it’s paid off. This is ridiculous. I’m paying over $1k for a phone that’s absolute garbage.

You can look here If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that link doesn't help, then you all your cell phone provider and let them know their service MMS isn't working on your device. Please make sure to tell them how RIDCULOUS it is that you pay for their service and its not working and that their service is GARBAGE!!!!

MMS has nothing to do with Apple or your over 1k iphone.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2020 10:22 AM in response to z3r0c00l85

z3r0c00l85 wrote:

You can look here If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that link doesn't help, then you all your cell phone provider and let them know their service MMS isn't working on your device. Please make sure to tell them how RIDCULOUS it is that you pay for their service and its not working and that their service is GARBAGE!!!!

MMS has nothing to do with Apple or your over 1k iphone.

Nov 6, 2020 11:06 AM in response to razmee209

Did you report my

other reply and then turn right around to be condescending again?

If my PHONE isn’t provisioned for MMS messaging, wouldn’t that be an issue with the PHONE itself? Genuine question as I’ve never heard of that.

And yes, I did check out the link. Not helpful. I have contacted my service provider and had to leave a message. Unsure if that tip is helpful or not yet. Though, I’ll admit that’s not on Apple.

Nov 6, 2020 11:08 AM in response to z3r0c00l85

z3r0c00l85 wrote:

Did you report my
other reply and then turn right around to be condescending again?

If my PHONE isn’t provisioned for MMS messaging, wouldn’t that be an issue with the PHONE itself? Genuine question as I’ve never heard of that.

And yes, I did check out the link. Not helpful. I have contacted my service provider and had to leave a message. Unsure if that tip is helpful or not yet. Though, I’ll admit that’s not on Apple.

No I didn't report anything, maybe someone else did or the moderators.

No you need to be provisioned by your phone carrier to use MMS, not the device itself.

Wait for the call back from your phone carrier and I'm 99% sure they will resolve it for you.

Nov 6, 2020 11:12 AM in response to razmee209

Ah, okay. I did a google search and didn’t see much about this phone specific provisioning thing. But I’m guessing I didn’t search for the right thing since I didn’t know what it was. Maybe it won’t take two forever s to get that callback.

Apologies for getting worked up. There are other issues on this thing that are 100% phone related that I’m emailing with support about but haven’t gotten very far. Though, I took out that frustration on you and should not have done that.

Nov 6, 2020 11:20 AM in response to z3r0c00l85

z3r0c00l85 wrote:

Ah, okay. I did a google search and didn’t see much about this phone specific provisioning thing. But I’m guessing I didn’t search for the right thing since I didn’t know what it was. Maybe it won’t take two forever s to get that callback.

Apologies for getting worked up. There are other issues on this thing that are 100% phone related that I’m emailing with support about but haven’t gotten very far. Though, I took out that frustration on you and should not have done that.

What other issues are you having?

Nov 6, 2020 12:19 PM in response to razmee209

My phone was trying to unlock itself so much while in my pocket at work that it kept getting disabled. I was using Face ID and then changed it to the pin lock but it did the same thing with the pin. I had to take both off so it would stop getting disabled. Then it would unlock and call just about everyone in my contacts list. I did everything that was suggested and none of it worked so a CSR is bumping the issue up the chain.

I can’t get my

phone to stop trying to sync photos. Almost anytime I try to email or send a pic via an app like Instagram it will have an error that it can’t be done while preparing to sync. I have all photo/video related sync options that I could find turned off and I have zero cloud services setup on this phone. I have no idea where it’s trying to sync. I’m still waiting for a response for that issue but those are the two biggies.

Nov 6, 2020 12:57 PM in response to z3r0c00l85

z3r0c00l85 wrote:

My phone was trying to unlock itself so much while in my pocket at work that it kept getting disabled. I was using Face ID and then changed it to the pin lock but it did the same thing with the pin. I had to take both off so it would stop getting disabled. Then it would unlock and call just about everyone in my contacts list. I did everything that was suggested and none of it worked so a CSR is bumping the issue up the chain.

I can’t get my
phone to stop trying to sync photos. Almost anytime I try to email or send a pic via an app like Instagram it will have an error that it can’t be done while preparing to sync. I have all photo/video related sync options that I could find turned off and I have zero cloud services setup on this phone. I have no idea where it’s trying to sync. I’m still waiting for a response for that issue but those are the two biggies.

Are you using a phone case by chance? Wondering if that could be causing the issue.

Sorry I don't know too much about syncing photos if you're not syncing the icloud.

Nov 6, 2020 1:03 PM in response to razmee209

It does it with or without the case. I also took off the privacy screen protector. It still does it. No one so far can figure out why it’s doing that. I thought maybe it was the heat from my leg while it’s in my pocket but I put it in a super loose cargo pocket and it still did it. The CSR has been good with helping so far we just can’t figure it out. It’s worth noting that it didn’t start until after the iOS 14 update. It didn’t do the unlock thing at all before then. I’m not sure if that can be related this issue.

iPhone 11 Pro Max won’t send sms pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.