Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac works very, very slowly and incorrectly

Hello! My iMac works very, very slowly and incorrectly: it constantly freezes, thinks for a long time, cannot open the program or close the program. It's like I was in 1990. The technical data is as follows:

iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011)

3,4 GHz Intel Core i7

4 Gb 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 МБ

I work with photos, but now it is impossible to do this - the computer hangs all the time and closes the program.

What can be done to speed up the work of iMac?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 2:44 AM

There's a very likely culprit for your issues:

Major Issues: 
  Failing hard drive - This computer has a hard drive that appears to be failing.

Back up, and from this point on be sure you always have an up-to-date back up as this machine could go down at any time. Then bring it to an Apple Store or authorised Repair Centre.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2020 2:44 AM in response to LanaHeyro

There's a very likely culprit for your issues:

Major Issues: 
  Failing hard drive - This computer has a hard drive that appears to be failing.

Back up, and from this point on be sure you always have an up-to-date back up as this machine could go down at any time. Then bring it to an Apple Store or authorised Repair Centre.

Nov 8, 2020 12:52 PM in response to LanaHeyro

You can save you and us a lot of time and effort if you do the following:

Please navigate to the Mac App Store or navigate to www.Etrecheck.com and download the free version of EtreCheck. Once you have you downloaded the app and installed it, please run the report and save it. This report will help us get a good idea what has been installed on your system and help us be able to diagnose what may be wrong.

When you have your report, you can attach it when you reply to this message and we can then review it and help you determine what is needed to get your system running well again. 

For instructions on how to download your EtreCheck report and attach it to your reply to this message please click https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

My iMac works very, very slowly and incorrectly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.