Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook Live/iOS 14 does not recognize Rode I-XLR

Been using iPhone XR to livestream Church service to Facebook Live using Rode I-XLR

connected to pro microphone. Has been working flawlessly since July. This past weekend (November 7), the audio was from iPhone internal microphones and NOT I-xlr that was plugged into phone. No settings were changed. Only thing I can figure is that it’s iOS 14 and Facebook. Did Apple just make the Rode I-XLR obsolete? Are Apple and Facebook having compatibility issues? Any fixes? Help. Thank you.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 10:09 PM

I, too, am having this problem! Been using RODE Wireless Go mic for Facebook Live with no problems until Nov 10! Hadn’t changed any settings... so frustrating! Mic works with Camera app so it’s not a mic issue.

Please help

61 replies

Jan 17, 2021 10:16 AM in response to PolkaMan

I was able to use Streamlabs today without incident on the audio. Seemed to be dropping video frames but could just be internet connection. Happy to have a solution for this at least for the short term. Note that in the configuration I am using (free out of the box) it throwing on a watermark once in awhile so not an ideal solution on that point.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/streamlabs-live-streaming-app/id1294578643

Nov 25, 2020 10:04 AM in response to byunguk

I’ll try to make this brief. I received an email

back from Rode. He said he had received quite a few emails regarding this situation. He recommended that I engage/start the Facebook Live stream FIRST, then plug in the iXLR lightning plug into the iPhone LAST. I tried it and the iPhone recognized the iXLR external mic and not the iPhone internal mics. I’ve been doing this procedure for two weeks and I have had no further problems. It is unclear whether this is a Facebook app issue

or an Apple iOS issue. Good luck.

Dec 27, 2020 3:52 PM in response to 40MrWizzard

Hi folks. Just wanted to let you know that I used an app today called Prism Live Studio, which allows you to live stream to various social media platforms at once, including Facebook and YouTube. I did a 3 minute test with me Wireless Rode Mic and it worked great. The app streamed to Facebook for me. It’s probably not ideal as you have a 3rd party app doing the streaming for you (maybe more chance of things crashing.) but until Facebook gets its act together I’ll be using this as it allows us to use our external mic’s. Just thought I would share.

Dec 31, 2020 1:34 PM in response to PolkaMan

I'm having the same problem trying to connect a Rode Go wireless mic to my iPhone 12 to record video. I've used various combinations of adapters that work flawlessly with other devices (including a TRRS to lightning adapter and a USB-C to lightning cord) but, no joy with the iPhone. It now causes the Moment app to lock up and crash when using the "start the app first then plug in the mic" fix.

Jan 11, 2021 9:50 AM in response to Alsmahan77

Yes I am having the same problem. I also tried on my ipad to do a facebook live and again had the same problem. I tried my friends Samsung s9 to make sure it wasnt the Comica microphone and receiver and it worked fine with her samsung. This must be an issue with the IOS update from November because since that time I have not been able to get it to work. I can record a regular video with the iphone video app but not facebook live. I hope they fix this ASAP because we use this every week to do a facebook live with my company!

Facebook Live/iOS 14 does not recognize Rode I-XLR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.