Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Other people seeing me as unknown when I call?

I have an iPhone XR with T-Mobile. Just in the last few days, when I've called my husband and sister, they've both told me I'm showing up as "unknown" to them when clearly I'm in their contacts. I did check my settings and it looks like my caller ID wasn't turned on somehow, although I haven't changed any settings myself. If I turn that on, will anyone I call see my name? If I'm calling somewhere like a business, I don't want my name to show but I assume if I toggle caller ID to "on" then that will give my name to anyone I call? I just want people who have my in their phone as a contact to see my name rather than them thinking it's not one of their contacts? But I don't know if it's an issue with my phone? Husband has TMobile but sister has Verizon so if it's a carrier issue it sends odd that both would change around the same day.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 10:53 AM

If Caller ID is on, call recipients will only see your name if you are in their contacts. Otherwise they’ll just see your number. If Caller ID is off they’ll see “No caller ID” or something along those lines.

Similar questions

3 replies

Other people seeing me as unknown when I call?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.