Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes works then starts distorting and pausing

I saw this thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250886185 on Windows iTunes working and then starting to distort.

I am running iTunes Version 12.10.10.2 on a new PC (one month or so) running Windows 10 Pro Version 1909.

iTunes worked fine until today and then began distorting the audio and messing up the playback (for example getting stuck or stopping completely).

I have several options for audio speaker output. Same behaviour was observed on two different speaker options.

I have tried running same music on Windows Media Player with no issues (as yet anyways).

I observed the same issue on another computer and assumed the laptop had the issue. Rebooting temporarily resolved the issue, although today it only resolved it for a few minutes.

iTunes settings are default.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 7:17 PM

Hello dan_paslawski,

We understand that when playing music in iTunes, the sound is distorted and pauses on some occasions. Does this happen with purchased music as well as any music uploaded from CDs? Do you have any external speakers connected to your PC? Please take a look at the following:

Adjust the sound quality in iTunes on PC

If you have problems playing music in iTunes on PC

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2020 7:17 PM in response to dan_paslawski

Hello dan_paslawski,

We understand that when playing music in iTunes, the sound is distorted and pauses on some occasions. Does this happen with purchased music as well as any music uploaded from CDs? Do you have any external speakers connected to your PC? Please take a look at the following:

Adjust the sound quality in iTunes on PC

If you have problems playing music in iTunes on PC

Take care.

Nov 20, 2020 6:08 AM in response to Keisha_Keisha

This happens with purchased as well as from CDs. My desktop PC has three options for audio output: external speakers, a head set, and my monitor (HDMI). The distortion/playback issues occur regardless of the audio output selection. Along with the distortion, iTunes gets "stuck" with the playback - kind of like a vinyl record or CD that repeats the same segment.

A reboot temporarily clears up the issue. Restarting iTunes sometimes does.

I have installed a different App (Music Bee) and I have not observed any issues with the audio. Windows Media Player also worked fine.

Dan

iTunes works then starts distorting and pausing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.