Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using an old Canon Lide 200

I have an old Canoscan Lide200. I know that the drivers have not been updated and will never be updated but I can still use mine. I go to control panel and tap 'scan'. This will return a message that the scanner is not responding. I close the window and do the same thing a second time. This time, it works.

I suspected that I had two copies of the driver. I uninstalled and reinstalled without changing this. The good news is that after updating to Big Sur, it is the same.

Does anyone know a way to get into the system to make this work correctly?

Mac mini, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 8:07 PM

Oh yes, I could do it. I have a same question and almost give it up.

At first you set up 'scanner' from 'system preference' --> 'Printers & Scanners' and add with + button, then CanoScan LiDE 200, then 'open scanner...', but after a while it says failed due to drivers broken or similar. but don't freak out please, actually I did.

So close the system preference, and open 'preview' --> 'file' --> 'import from CanoScan LiDE 200...' --> 'scan' . you can 'save' some kinds of way and size. Voit La!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 8:07 PM in response to levin001

Oh yes, I could do it. I have a same question and almost give it up.

At first you set up 'scanner' from 'system preference' --> 'Printers & Scanners' and add with + button, then CanoScan LiDE 200, then 'open scanner...', but after a while it says failed due to drivers broken or similar. but don't freak out please, actually I did.

So close the system preference, and open 'preview' --> 'file' --> 'import from CanoScan LiDE 200...' --> 'scan' . you can 'save' some kinds of way and size. Voit La!

Using an old Canon Lide 200

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.