Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime and Messages Login Issues

After updating to Big Sur (or v11.0.1), my FaceTime and Messages are not able to login with my current Apple ID (it's ok when using other apple id account).

I have just changed my Apple ID account's password today, I wonder if this affect to FaceTime or Message? I have tried to check the System Status but all of them are available. I've also tried to Reinstall Mac OS Big Sur, Reset NV RAM, Reset Key Chain, but nothing works for me. I have spent for 5 hours searching my problem on the Internet, but no ways.

A little more details, with FaceTime, after filling out the login form, it's just loading like the figure below. Then, it returned to the initial login form without any warning or error detection.

After click on Next button

After loading for 5s, it returned to the login screen

About Messages, when I launch it, a login form will appear. Although having login successfully, this form will continue to show up after 5s after logged in. In addition, during 5s after logged in, I try to send message but an error has occurred (as the figure below).

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 5:23 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 18, 2020 10:11 AM in response to phulengo

I have the same problem. I'm logged into iCloud but can't log into iMessage or FaceTime with the same Apple ID on the same computer. I've done all troubleshooting steps and spent over 2 hours on the phone with tier 2 support. They collected data and supposedly sent it to Engineering but I didn't hear any result and now they are not responding to my emails re: my open case. it really sucks bc I WANT TO FACETIME MY FAMILY ON THANKSGIVING APPLE

FaceTime and Messages Login Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.