Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

issues with messenger app on iphone 12 pro max

I have issues opening files from the messenger app, i am receiving files from my friends that are sent as a link from cdn.cbsbx.com but it is shown as a file in messenger. If it is sent as a link i can open it, but if it is sent as a "file" i cant open it. The file can be open fine in other messager apps like whatsapp and more...but probably not sent in the same way from inside messenger. This also works fine on other iphones like iphone 8. Is this an issue with iphone 12 pro max only? anyone else have this problem?

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 4:45 PM

Hello hiper-chum

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble opening files sent through Messenger. We are happy to share information that may help.

First, check for any updates for your iPhone: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You'll want to have a current backup prior to updating.

You'll also want to check for any app updates in the App Store.

If those steps do not resolve the issue, and you're referring to Facebook Messenger, you'll want to reach out to Facebook for further support: How to contact an app developer.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 4:45 PM in response to hiper-chum

Hello hiper-chum

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble opening files sent through Messenger. We are happy to share information that may help.

First, check for any updates for your iPhone: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You'll want to have a current backup prior to updating.

You'll also want to check for any app updates in the App Store.

If those steps do not resolve the issue, and you're referring to Facebook Messenger, you'll want to reach out to Facebook for further support: How to contact an app developer.

Take care.

issues with messenger app on iphone 12 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.