Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID won't sign in on Big Sur

Hello,

I have updated to the latest software (Big Sur) on my Macbook Air (11-inch, mid 2013) and now I cannot sign into my Apple ID anywhere (system preference, itunes, imessage, appstore, etc). Anytime I enter my login information it tries loading but won't accept it. I even tried changing my password via my iPhone but it still does not accept it on my Macbook.

Prior to this software, I also had an issue getting my appstore to load. I contacted Apple Support back in October and have been playing phone tag with them ever since. Luckily, I can still use my Macbook for basic computing but I am very disappointed that I continue to have issues with my Macbook and can't get anywhere with Apple Support. Late spring/ early summer I contacted Apple Support regarding my appstore and all they had me do is redownload the latest MacOS and it didn't do a single thing.

Hoping for some sort of solution.

Thanks!

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 2:49 PM

Had a same problem with MacBook Air 2015. Just solved it with following way:

• Create a new administrator account through 'Users & Group'
  • Restart and log in through new user account created
  • Use the same Apple ID for setting up the profile

Hope it will solve the issue. Thanks.

Similar questions

21 replies

Dec 29, 2020 1:49 PM in response to Eric Root

I have problems with Apple ID on Apple Macbook Air (2015) with Big Sur. Using icloud.com, I can address my Apple ID. Everything seems fine there. But when I try to login in System, I fall in a loop where I repeatedly fill in my Apple ID name and code, without anything happening. Checking my account on iCloud.com on another computer, I see that I'm regarded to be logged in. But I'm not. I cannot see my mails.

When I boot in Safe Mode: same problem.

When I add an extra administrator account, I can open a (new) Apple ID. But not in my own administrator account. Annoying.

Nov 16, 2020 7:55 PM in response to alekos12

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode. 

Isolating an issue by using another user account   

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Apple ID won't sign in on Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.