Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur - Logitech G15 Keyboard Windows Key Useless - Alternate Remap Option?

My faithful Logitech G15 Keyboard has been in use full-time since 2001. That said, Big Sur seems to totally ignore the Logitech G15 Windows Key(s). As long as I can remember, I've always remapped the bottom row to mirror the TKL Macbook Keyboard's bottom left row of fn, control, option, command - omitting the fn key as its a row of 3 (CTRL, Windows, alt).

It's made it challenging to do typical tasks, such as new tab (cmd+t), select all (ctrl+a) and quick-search (cmd+spacebar); it's also been an eye opener as to how much I rely on the command key. I have other keyboards, but this is my get down to business workhorse keyboard that I type most efficiently on.

Is there any Big Sur remap tool that will get the Windows Key on my G15 functional again? Works just fine pre-Big Sur update, and also works fine on PC. When I go to the shortcuts on the keyboard and click spotlight to see what its recognizing the windows key as, i.e. setting a replacement mapping for command+spacebar for spotlight search, hitting the windows key+spacebar isn't recognized.

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 5:33 PM

HALLELUJAH, by the grace of God, I toggled the switch that has a CRT monitor and a joystick from Joystick (which I've not touched in over 10 years) to CRT monitor and the Windows key works. So if there are any other unicorns out there using the OG Logitech G15 and finding their Windows key utterly disappointingly broken, toggle your switch above the F2/F3 icons to the CRT pc Icon.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2020 5:33 PM in response to tnethers

HALLELUJAH, by the grace of God, I toggled the switch that has a CRT monitor and a joystick from Joystick (which I've not touched in over 10 years) to CRT monitor and the Windows key works. So if there are any other unicorns out there using the OG Logitech G15 and finding their Windows key utterly disappointingly broken, toggle your switch above the F2/F3 icons to the CRT pc Icon.

Big Sur - Logitech G15 Keyboard Windows Key Useless - Alternate Remap Option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.