Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Stuck on Charging Screen

Hi, my issue is twofold.

1. When I charge my Apple Watch (which is only 1.5 weeks old), it repeatedly disconnects and connects, leading to a constant dinging sound. I’ve tried wiping the back of the watch AND the charger, and placing the watch flat down on the charger on a flat surface top to no avail. As a result, it charges extremely slowly (and the sound is annoying).
  2. Sometimes when I take my watch off the charger and place it on my wrist, it’s still stuck on the charging screen. Even when I touch it back on the charger then back on my wrist, my watch is still stuck. Note: I was NOT on Power Reserve mode, because I always charge my watch when it’s above 10% battery. As a result, I always have to hard reset my watch.

Is there a better way to fix these issues, or should I return it back to Apple in exchange for a new one?

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 6:17 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 25, 2020 4:27 PM in response to Primisole

Greetings Primisole!

Looks like you are having some issues with your Apple Watch charging inconsistently as well as getting stuck on the charging screen when it isn't connected. Those are absolutely issues we can help offer some guidance to resolve. In this case since you already wiped the device and reset it fully, that points us to the hardware next. We recommend having the device inspected in person: Apple Watch Service Answer Center.

Our direct support can also offer some additional guidance if you need help: Get Support.

Take care!

Watch Stuck on Charging Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.