Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam! Hack!

So I just got a call from an 800 number that said they were a representative from Apple. They proceeded to tell me that my Apple account was hacked and they could walk me through the steps to secure my account. So, I started going through the steps and then he recommended I go into the App Store and download this app. He said once it’s downloaded he would walk me through the steps to secure my banking Information by using my banks routing number. Before I even clicked to get the app, I scrolled down and seen the reviews. I then told the guy I would not be downloading the app because the reviews are showing it to be a scam app. He quickly told me I could write down his employee name and employee badge number to reference to Apple but to complete this process first and then call them to verify. Do NOT download this app!! EVER!

#apple

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 4:26 PM

Yes that is a clear scam attempt, apple would never call you up like that

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apple will never call you unless you have asked to be called. or have an ongoing support case.

Similar questions

1 reply

Spam! Hack!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.