Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari freeze when create a password in safari or reset a password

When I try to create an account and reach to the “create a password”, my safari is freeze, can’t move; I need to close the safari then reopen it to continue using it. But the problem about password still exist. Same for resetting a password for an account. Is this a iOS system problem or my phone problem? I have this problem in my iPad too. Is that I upgraded the 14.2 iOS too fast when it release? Is there a way to fix it?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 12:38 PM

Same with me on my iPhone 11 Pro Max with latest iOS . I thought it was my phone so deleted all my website data and history but still didn’t fix it . When ever I have to register on a webpage I can input all details like name and address ok but when it gets to create a password it completely freezes for around 1 or 2 mins with no response at all and can’t even open another webpage . It does work after a while but happening this time of year is a nightmare as registering in loads of different sites to get Xmas presents . Please fix Apple

199 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 12:38 PM in response to justanana

Same with me on my iPhone 11 Pro Max with latest iOS . I thought it was my phone so deleted all my website data and history but still didn’t fix it . When ever I have to register on a webpage I can input all details like name and address ok but when it gets to create a password it completely freezes for around 1 or 2 mins with no response at all and can’t even open another webpage . It does work after a while but happening this time of year is a nightmare as registering in loads of different sites to get Xmas presents . Please fix Apple

Nov 27, 2020 2:19 PM in response to Nraakhouri

Been having multiple telephone conversations with Apple and have sent a screen video and two screen shots over and also some logs that are going off to the Apple engineers , waiting till Monday for another telephone update . Like i said it doesn’t happen under private browsing in safari or on chrome . My partner is on 14.2 and doesn’t have the problem on her iPhone though

Dec 7, 2020 10:27 PM in response to JL66

Same!!! Once I get to the point to create a password on a new site I’m joining or creating a profile for it just freezes!!! Has happened on Chrysler Financial, NYS DMV, Shoeshowmega and Sportztv within the matter of 24 hours after updating to 14.2.1 on my iPhone 12 pro max 512gb.... please fix this ASAP Apple! Now I have to get out of bed and go downstairs to get on my iMac at 130am. Not that I’m lazy but I should be able to do it right here on the best phone in the world right now. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Nov 28, 2020 6:19 PM in response to JL66

I'm seeing this behaviour in Safari on both my iPhone on iOS 14.2 and MacBook Pro on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1. This is so frustrating. It's happened to me so many times now. Each time it happens I have to use Chrome to reenter all my info and add all the items back in my cart. This is ridiculous. I've tried turning off autofill entirely in Safari and it still doesn't work. HELP Apple. I'm really fed up.

Dec 3, 2020 1:37 AM in response to JL66

Very annoying, same problem on iPad. Think it was after latest update. Seems worse when trying to change, update and reset passwords but does occasionally when just browsing.

Doesn’t happen on Chrome.

Come on Apple, get it sorted.

Although when the “delete x” disappeared on google search a few months back on Safari it took ages to sort.

Dec 3, 2020 3:10 AM in response to Shepples

This is true for me. Private browsing prevents this problem, but I have heard that this is not the case for everyone. It probably depends on what model of iPhone/iPad, you have. I have an iPhone 8+ and iPad mini.

Apple really need to create a hot fix for this. The problem is that Apple do not check this forum. This kind of tells you how Apple feels about it’s customers. Apple know they have a captive audience, so there is very little motivation for them to fix this problem, quickly.

If this was a small start up, the fix would already have been issued.

Dec 6, 2020 7:23 AM in response to Hobbszy8

I created a ticket with Apple regarding this issue. It is driving me nuts and tickets help get problems addresses. I encourage others to make tickets so dev team is aware of the coding issue.

no problems with any other browser on iPad. Only safari. All password entry causes extreme lag and sometimes browser crashing. No other action causes a problem. Likely some sort of memory leak issue when the browser looks for saved passwords.

Safari freeze when create a password in safari or reset a password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.