Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari freezes on any form asking for a password

For those having trouble with Safari freezing on any page containing a password form (registration page, password update,...), here is the true solution:

In order to fix it, you must allow keychain storage on icloud: go to configuration > icloud > keychain (“trousseau” for french users), enable it (you might be asked to enable two way authentication for that).

Wait few seconds/minutes for the sync, and that’s it - no more freeze with safari on password forms.

If Keychain was already enabled on your device, then turn it off and back on again. It will force you to put in a passcode, then it will be done and you will be able to sign in to any website quickly again.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 11:57 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 11, 2021 5:22 AM in response to stnemeth

well, that’s not the point - I’m providing the single solution that worked for me in order to help those facing the same issue.

Yet, I don’t believe there is any privacy issue there, as passwords are uploaded encrypted with your master icloud password (which itself is not uploaded).

If you don’t agree, no need to disgress or dispute: you just have to turn off password autocomplete so neither your device and Apple will know your passwords - and you won’t be concerned by this issue and the solution l’m giving.

This doesn’t anyway hide the fact that Apple should have fixed that bug in a proper/cleaner way.

Safari freezes on any form asking for a password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.