Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Wi-fi Connectivity Issues

Apologies if this is a repeat question, the search function on the site is down.

We have an established wi-fi setup in the house without issues. Works perfectly on all devices.

iPhone 12 is connected but needs waking up to use wi-fi. Is showing connected to wi-fi but there is no connection. By toggling wi-fi on and off it sparks it back into life and flurry of data comes in. Annoying as never had any problems with our wi-fi and this is the most modern device in the house (which ironically is now struggling with it). I've got the most up to date software and iOS and have tried deleting and reconnecting to the wi-fi again without joy.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Dan.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 4:42 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Dec 18, 2020 9:18 AM in response to jimcruz

Hi,

My problem was with my router. The DHCP service that assign IP addresses to device on my local network was not working correctly. It ran out of IP addresses. To solve the issue I just increased the Range of IP available to the DHCP server.

In the screenshot attached it shows IP range from 192.168.177.64 to 192.168.177.160 which gives about 95 IP addresses available to be assigned to devices on the network. This resolved my issue.

I hope that this helps.

Dec 19, 2020 4:54 AM in response to jimcruz

Hi,

Please describe exactly what is your issue?

Please make sure that the router IP address is not in this range.

When you connect your iPhone to the WIFI network do you get a correct IP address in the 192.168.0.2, 192.168.0.254 range.

This can be checked on your iPhone settings --> WIFI --> then click on the i on the right of the wifi hotspot --> scroll down until you see the IP address given to the iPhone

Nov 24, 2020 5:48 AM in response to Spider-Dan87

Hi,

I had a similar issue with my wife iPhone 7 and my new iPhone 12 Pro Max both running the latest IOS 14.2.

I, too, have a reliable WIFI network used by my old iPhone 6 (iOS 12.x), 2 iPads, 2 laptops, 2 Amazon Firestick and few smart devices using the WIFI network. Everything worked fine expect these two iOS 14.x iPhone.

My issue is that the WIFI shows as connected but access to internet is very limited. I can access the google but not bbc web site.

I noticed that the WIFI connection was assigned the wrong IPV4 IP address when set to automatic. I changed to manual and gave a correct IP/MASK and Router IP address. This fixed the problem.

NB: Just to make it clear, this issue may be with my router (BT Smart Router 2) as I have seen similar problem with new devices that I have added to my WIFI network running windows 10 that was testing recently.

Nov 24, 2020 6:05 AM in response to n5moh

Update:

Following my last post I scratched my had and thought again about it and since the problem may be with router then may be the DHCP server on the router run out of IP addresses.

By increasing the DHCP IP address range I fixed the problem.

Sorry, I hope that my post has not confused you.

Dec 19, 2020 5:02 AM in response to n5moh

I'm copying my post from yesterday to which there are no replies yet:

Hi, Since receiving my 12 Pro Max from Apple in late November I've been having problems loading apps and webpages when I wake up the phone. Turning off and back on wifi on the phone solves the problem. But after a while I get the same thing again. I've tried everything apple support told me to do including setting the phone as new, without any apps. After chatting and speaking numerous times with apple support they were of no help. I also tried every tip and trick I found on the internet and nothing solved the problem. So i decided to return the phone and get another 12 Pro Max from Apple. Got it yesterday and surprise!, I have the exact same problem with this one too!. I'm concluding that the problem is my wifi and not the phone as non of this happens with my XS Max or Ipad Pro. I have a combination router/modem from my cable company, it's called connect box.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I don't want to have to return this one too and keep using the XS Max :-(

Thanks,

WJ

iPhone 12 Wi-fi Connectivity Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.