Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air M1 AirPods issues

I have both AirPods Pro and V2 and they're both experiencing issues where every 10-15 minutes they cut out briefly, like a brief stutter. I tried resetting the AirPods, no dice. I've read about others having bluetooth issues with the M1 Macs, perhaps this is related.

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 6:46 AM

Similar questions

27 replies

Mar 31, 2021 1:13 PM in response to bbates123

I have the same problem, don't connect Airpods Pro with my MacBook Air M1 (BigSur 11.2.3 20D91),

So, with my Iphone 8 working well, but i can not use with my MacBook Air.

When i try to connect, the icon always rotates and nothing happens.

I've tried unpair and pairing them again, but it didn't have any effect.

Are there solutions to the problem?

Thanks.

Nov 23, 2020 5:29 AM in response to guidovm

I suspect this isn't something most people are experiencing because I'm not finding much on it either. I'm tempted to do a clean install and start over, thinking maybe it was something that I loaded? Maybe I'll just wait a few weeks and see if Apple fixes this with the next Big Sur update. It's not horrible, it just happens occasionally but enough to be annoying.

Nov 23, 2020 10:01 AM in response to bbates123

I also have the same issue. I just received my replacement AirPods Pros, mine were crackling when I spoke. That issue is now resolved with the replacements, but noticing them cutting out here and there when playing music on my new M1 MacBook Pro. Was also noticing the same with the previous AirPods on older MacBook when I upgraded to Big Sur. I'm also standing 2 feet from the machine. AirPods work great on my iPad and iPhone. I do notice every time I pick up my phone it says my AirPods are connected to my iPhone, but music is still coming through from my Mac. Wonder if other devices near the MacBook Pro has anything to do with it. When a phone call come in on my iPhone it throws everything out of wack, it tries to connect my AirPods to the iPhone, but music is still coming through and then hangs up my phone call. Hope a fix is coming son.

Nov 23, 2020 11:12 AM in response to AlphaBravo77

I was having all kinds of funky issues with AirPods handoff between my iPhone and my Macbook that I finally turned off the auto-switching. If you connect your AirPods Pro to your iPhone then go into bluetooth settings for the AirPods there's a setting called "Connect to this iPhone"...I switched that from Automatically to When Last Connected To This iPhone, and the phone doesn't try to grab the AirPods every single time I pick up the phone.

Dec 10, 2020 8:37 PM in response to bbates123

I have started to hear cracking in one of the airpods pro since I started to use iPhone 12/Macbook Pro M1 combo.

I have another issue. If Airpods are set on iPhone to connect automatically vs when last connected. My iPhone 12 is unable to wrestle out connection from Macbook Pro M1 or my Mac Mini M1. It is like M1 Macs are hoarding the connection even if nothing is playing. I can easily switch from iPhone 12 to Macbook Pro/Mac Mini M1 but not vice versa.

Jan 6, 2021 3:37 AM in response to bbates123

I just received my M1 MacBook Pro yesterday and have this issue with my AirPods Pro. I made sure to update all the software on the Mac first and my AirPods have the latest firmware too (so does my iPhone, if that matters?).

I'm getting the same stutter when playing music from Apple Music. In the bottom left it'll say "Connecting to AirPods Pro...".

I don't particularly want to mess around with beta releases of software, as a few people in this thread are suggesting to load beta 11.2. Is it just a matter of waiting for the full public release?

Jan 6, 2021 6:50 AM in response to BasedChunk

I did change to using 11.2 Beta and it did not fix my problem with my AirPods Pro. My issue is slightly different though: they work fine right after I initially pair them. If I put them back in the case and reconnect, as soon as audio tries to play they disconnect immediately.

In any case, it's a long process to switch to running the beta (it took around two hours on my brand new Mac Mini M1) and in my case it didn't fix anything.

Jan 19, 2021 1:55 AM in response to bbates123

I have the same problem! My AirPods Pro cut out a lot of times when connecting to my new MacBook. Aditionally, the most annoying problem I am experiencing is that my AirPods do not play music simoultaniouslty anymore with my MacBook. When I wear both only right plays audio, and when I take my right one out sometimes left only plays music. It is not my AirPods that are broken because with my phone they work perfectly fine. Hope it will be fixed with an update soon!

Macbook Air M1 AirPods issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.