Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot seem to add adobe flash player to my macbook

I have tried downloading and then looking for the plug in section under websites in preferences but I do not have a plug in section so no idea where its going. Can anyone help please?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 11:31 AM

Flashplayer is no longer being kept up to date by Adobe and no longer compatible with Macs. In fact, if you had it installed, you would be getting a notice from Adobe to uninstall it. You do not need it. Everything works fine without it.

2 replies

Nov 23, 2020 12:31 PM in response to Tam-123

And to clarify what babowa said, it’s not just Apple. Adobe is killing Flash worldwide for ALL browsers and operating systems. Adobe gave developers three years notice back in 2017. Any website or app that still relies on Flash will simply cease to function starting after 12/31/2020 as more browsers drop support. Firefox 85 will drop Flash in the near future.

cannot seem to add adobe flash player to my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.