You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur - Photos app stuck on import and on delete

I updated my 16" MBP today (11/23) to Big Sur. I tried to save some photos from a text to the photos app, and it froze. I force-quit.

Then, I tried to delete a photo, and it froze with a Knight-Rider style progress bar, see photo. Had to force-quit again.

I can't find anything on this anywhere.

Thanks for any advice.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 1:18 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 1, 2020 3:30 PM in response to krgp

Hello krgp,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you're having issues with Photos after saving some photos from a text; let's look into this more.

Here are some resources that can help with this issue:

Are you able to access these photos at iCloud.com? If so try deleting these photos there:

Delete and recover photos and videos on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If you still have issues with the Photos app on your Mac, this article can help:

Get help with the Photos app on your Mac - Apple Support

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Dec 2, 2020 1:22 AM in response to krgp

Hi - to help with diagnosis - can you answer the following?

What version of MacOS did you upgrade from?

Where is the library stored (System drive or external drive)? If external - what is the format of the drive?

Is the library on a network drive or in some sort of cloud storage (EG Dropbox or NAS)?

Do you use Icloud to sync photos?

If so, do you have optimise local storage set?

Big Sur - Photos app stuck on import and on delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.