Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped in water

I dropped my iphone in water. Everything works fine except the audio. Is this something that can be fixed or should I accept the fact that I'll need to buy a new phone?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 10:21 AM

Most likely, the water entered into this phone and has damaged the phone's logic board. The audio issue may only be the beginning as continued use could cause even more damage going forward.

You certainly can try continuing to use your phone as long as you are aware that eventually it will fail and need to be replaced.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 10:21 AM in response to iphoneuser926

Most likely, the water entered into this phone and has damaged the phone's logic board. The audio issue may only be the beginning as continued use could cause even more damage going forward.

You certainly can try continuing to use your phone as long as you are aware that eventually it will fail and need to be replaced.

Dropped in water

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.