Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 to print from my iMac.

It worked well in past. It seemed to occur with Catalina update. Now on Big Sur. Still not working.

I installed then reinstalled my HP Printer driver software as well

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 11:15 AM

Please refer to HP printer doesn't work and you see a warning that HP software

If you have done the steps in that advice letter and it is still not working, please do the following :

·Uninstall all HP software, put in the Trash and empty the Trash.

·Please reset the printing system per Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem

·Next, follow the instructions in Adding a printer

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 11:15 AM in response to garym21522

Please refer to HP printer doesn't work and you see a warning that HP software

If you have done the steps in that advice letter and it is still not working, please do the following :

·Uninstall all HP software, put in the Trash and empty the Trash.

·Please reset the printing system per Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem

·Next, follow the instructions in Adding a printer

Nov 24, 2020 1:34 PM in response to garym21522

Turn off the printer and unplug it for ~5 minutes. Uninstall the Printer using the HP Uninstall, go into Finder and search for anything/everything HP and delete those files - everything HP related. Empty the Trash. Restart the computer. Again go into Finder and search for anything/everything HP and delete those files - everything HP related. Empty the Trash. Again restart the computer.  Plug the printer back in and turn it on.  Open System Preferences, Printers & Scanners, add a printer using the Generic PCL Laser Printer and it worked for my OfficeJet 8600 Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.