Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't open my scanner from my Hewlett packer

Says it fails to open a connection to the device. printer part works but not the scanner. deleted the printer/scanner and reloaded it still doesn't work. restarted computer that didn't help.

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 1:06 PM

SherryWalt wrote:

Says it fails to open a connection to the device. printer part works but not the scanner. deleted the printer/scanner and reloaded it still doesn't work. restarted computer that didn't help.

Apple direct download:

https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US

If you have continued issue:

The solution is to download this package which will update drivers and the certificate, copy & paste:

ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essentials-S-5_14_8_4.pkg 

download link above at the ftp address

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2020 1:06 PM in response to SherryWalt

SherryWalt wrote:

Apple direct download:

https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US

If you have continued issue:

The solution is to download this package which will update drivers and the certificate, copy & paste:

ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essentials-S-5_14_8_4.pkg 

download link above at the ftp address

can't open my scanner from my Hewlett packer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.