Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Mini Siri does not speak back when activating HomeKit scenes

When I activate HomeKit scenes via Siri on iPhone, I would get acknowledgement like "Ok" or "Good morning, the scene is set".

But when I activate HomeKit scenes via Siri on HomePod mini, I don't get any acknowledgement at all.

The scene itself works, but with complete silence.

I especially miss when Siri used to say "Good morning, the scene is set" whenever I use the "Good morning" scene...

The Siri Response setting is set for "Always" and I made sure every setting is all correct on iPhone and Home App...

HomePod mini, 14

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 7:32 PM

Thank you for the response!

So, if I understand correctly, say the HomePod Mini is in "Bedroom" within Home App...and if the scene includes the HomeKit Devices (ex lights) in "Bedroom", then it will not announce the completion? (like "Good morning, the scene is set")

I just created dummy room like "General Room", moved only the HomePod mini into the "General Room", then tried running the usual scene, but it still doesn't say anything back to me. No acknowledgement message like "Ok" or "The scene is set" or anything at all. It changes to the scene that I set-up, but no speaking back of any sort...

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2020 7:32 PM in response to Michael Paine

Thank you for the response!

So, if I understand correctly, say the HomePod Mini is in "Bedroom" within Home App...and if the scene includes the HomeKit Devices (ex lights) in "Bedroom", then it will not announce the completion? (like "Good morning, the scene is set")

I just created dummy room like "General Room", moved only the HomePod mini into the "General Room", then tried running the usual scene, but it still doesn't say anything back to me. No acknowledgement message like "Ok" or "The scene is set" or anything at all. It changes to the scene that I set-up, but no speaking back of any sort...

Nov 26, 2020 7:47 PM in response to Michael Paine

Update: Michael Paine, you were right!

After moving the HomePod Mini to the dummy "General Room" that I created, I clicked the room and removed HomePod Mini from every scene that I ever created (*it was initially "added" in the scene, but all to have "paused" function - which was unnecessary to begin with...), and now when I do the scene like "Good morning", it speaks back to me! Thank you!!

HomePod Mini Siri does not speak back when activating HomeKit scenes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.