Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 12 pro max camera issues

Hello! I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

So my problem is that if I shoot a picture in night mode I get a horizontal GREEN line on my picture. Does anyone else have this problem?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 6:17 AM

I have been having the same problem since I’ve bought the phone and I’ve tried to factory to reset and it still shows up. Go to apple and ask for a replacement. I’ve been to apple three times with the promise that they’ll replace it but every trims they just try something new. You do have a one year warranty. The only thing that seems to stop it is if I restart my phone but it’s only temporary and the problem keeps persisting. It’s definitely a software issue.

40 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2020 6:17 AM in response to GoofyDLoofy

I have been having the same problem since I’ve bought the phone and I’ve tried to factory to reset and it still shows up. Go to apple and ask for a replacement. I’ve been to apple three times with the promise that they’ll replace it but every trims they just try something new. You do have a one year warranty. The only thing that seems to stop it is if I restart my phone but it’s only temporary and the problem keeps persisting. It’s definitely a software issue.

Apr 8, 2021 12:18 PM in response to tiffyfaith06

Yes, I read your post.

I also read the LCIs were triggered.

Ultimately, Apple tends to go with what the LCIs say, but you can certainly try to plead your case.

We're all just users here, so we have no ability to influence Apple one way or the other.

LCIs triggered without liquid contact are not a common issue at all.

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

Dec 10, 2020 4:59 PM in response to GoofyDLoofy

I had the exact same issue with the main camera whenever it switched into low-light / night mode. Lines were visible in viewfinder and also burned themselves into the images and videos I took.

I contacted support and took the 12 Pro Max back to the Apple store. Diagnostics didn't come up with any problems at all. In the end they swapped it out for a new one on the same day. Now it's all good! Just a black screen in no-light situations as it should be.

Dec 10, 2020 2:18 AM in response to big_succulent_fruit

Hello,

I received a 12 pro max at its launch date on November 13, since Friday December 4 I have the same problem only on the main 1X camera which displays pink lines all over the screen when it switches to night mode.

I contacted the after-sales service on Monday and after sharing a screen to see the problem, they wanted to send it in for repair.

I refused the repair because the iphone is only three weeks old. I therefore negotiated an exchange for a new one.

but i am very unhappy because there is no stock and my iphone was returned by UPS and the new one is only arriving in 3 weeks.

I am without phones.

Dec 11, 2020 9:03 PM in response to michalis161

Hi,

I got my phone replaced! The third time I went in they just replaced it because I had tried everything to fix the issue but it still kept coming up. Bring it into apple and they will replace it themselves, regardless of where you bought it from. As long as it is a genuine apple phone and it is within the 1 year warranty you have a right to replacement if the phone is doing something it shouldn’t. Bare in mind though, they will not replace it if it had any external damage like a cracked screen etc. so make sure it is on top shape. If you have apple care though, they will replace it for you even if it has external damage. You have 40 days after purchasing the phone to buy apple care.

Dec 12, 2020 5:08 AM in response to Li Feng Niu

It’s not a software issue first of all, it’s most definitely hardware. And in low light the phone uses the main camera to do a digital zoom instead of using the telephoto camera. That’s by design, probably because the bigger chip and faster lens on it is still better even then rather than using the slower telephoto lens and getting a noisier image. Try it out by holding the telephoto lens closed with your finger and switch between them. Only in bright conditions does it use the telephoto lens.

Dec 12, 2020 6:19 AM in response to Li Feng Niu

Mine was less pronounced on photos too and very noticeable in video. Only difference is that the lines in my case were green, but very much the same pattern, starting left side and fading towards the right.

But it was there even on night mode photos, you might have to try it with even darker conditions or a long exposure shot to start seeing it though. Switch off lights and try taking a 5s-10s exposure.

My new swapped phone works perfectly well now.

iphone 12 pro max camera issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.