Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes sync ENTIRE music library or selected playlists, artists, albuns & genres QUESTION

good evening all.

quick question. if i choose sync entire music library does itunes sync ONLY the checked songs? or does it sync the entire music library checked or unchecked?

if i select option 2 selected playlists, artists, albums etc. how does it know which focus area to sync if i have for example one artist checked but an album not checked?

bottom line i would like to just synch only checked songs to my device. i believe earlier itunes had just the option to synch just checked songs but now its wording is "entire".

thanks so much for any insight or response.

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 5:55 AM

Radium,

I believe you are asking about the checks on individual songs? Yes the option is still there. With your phone/device connected, look at the General tab, and scroll down to Options, where you will see "Sync only Checked songs and videos," as shown below.

Similar questions

7 replies

Nov 26, 2020 10:56 PM in response to Radium88

The sync only ticked songs and videos option - in the General tab - applies only to the selected artists, albums, genres and playlists option in the Music tab.

Selecting to sync the entire music library will sync the entire music library. When I select the option to sync the entire music library a tick is automatically placed in each box for every song and they are greyed out indicating they none can be deselected.

Nov 27, 2020 10:44 AM in response to ed2345

@ed2345

just to clarify how does the "general" option (sync only checked songs/videos) interface with the *selected only" options? i know it seems obvious but do they correspond exactly. example: if (billie jean) is checked in my song list will (michael jackson) also be checked off as well as (thriller) and the genre (pop)?

Nov 27, 2020 11:38 AM in response to Radium88

Radium,

The option to "Sync only Checked songs and videos" refers only to the checkboxes for individual songs. It causes the sync to skip unchecked songs.

If you don't see the individual checkboxes by each song, go to Preferences > General, and enable "Show -- Songs list checkboxes."

I hope that is clear, but feel free to experiment.

itunes sync ENTIRE music library or selected playlists, artists, albuns & genres QUESTION

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.