Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any inline translation app that works with ibooks?

Hey!

I am doing an academic research, I need to translate some words when I am reading academic papers.

I don't wanna lose my time by copy/ paste the word and check on dictionary and turn back reading again. I need an app which shows me the meaning of the word when I am reading.

Is there any?

Many thanks

Thanks

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 6:46 AM

Hi,

If you need to look a word up in a dictionary you can do so by going into Apple Books, then highlighting the word, then pressing the > arrow and then tapping on “look up” button and a box should appear with the definition of the word.

But if you would like to translate a word then there is no built in feature in Apple Books to do that.

Cheers and Stay Safe

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2020 6:46 AM in response to thedilayla

Hi,

If you need to look a word up in a dictionary you can do so by going into Apple Books, then highlighting the word, then pressing the > arrow and then tapping on “look up” button and a box should appear with the definition of the word.

But if you would like to translate a word then there is no built in feature in Apple Books to do that.

Cheers and Stay Safe

Is there any inline translation app that works with ibooks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.