Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal syncing with Outlook / Exchange

I posted this in the High Sierra board, not knowing that there is an iCal Community, and no responses there.

iCal stopped synching with my work Exchange Server yesterday. It has worked flawlessly since we started working from home in March 2019.

OS version is 10.13.6

My iPhone 11 syncs with the exchange server with no issues.

The triangle icon with the exclamation point is shown on iCal, but does not respond when I click on it.

I installed Security Update (2020-006) a few days ago, but the calendar was syncing yesterday.

Please let me know if I am not asking the question correctly.

All suggestions for a cure are appreciated.

Thank you.

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 1:49 PM

I believe I've fixed the issue. My calendar is now syncing with Outlook and Exchange.

The error message led me to the solution--- I found a support communities post from 2013 that resolved the issue (apparently).

I went to Users/myuser/Library/Calendars

Then deleted all of the Calendar Caches listed -- there were 3.

Restarted my Mac, then opened calendar. There was a message that Calendar was being rebuilt.

Now it works fine. Fingers crossed.

Still puzzled by the fact that the issue was there for 3 days before I saw the error message. But not arguing with success.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2020 1:49 PM in response to David Ris

I believe I've fixed the issue. My calendar is now syncing with Outlook and Exchange.

The error message led me to the solution--- I found a support communities post from 2013 that resolved the issue (apparently).

I went to Users/myuser/Library/Calendars

Then deleted all of the Calendar Caches listed -- there were 3.

Restarted my Mac, then opened calendar. There was a message that Calendar was being rebuilt.

Now it works fine. Fingers crossed.

Still puzzled by the fact that the issue was there for 3 days before I saw the error message. But not arguing with success.

iCal syncing with Outlook / Exchange

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.