Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Captiveportal.nokia.com

My phone gets a message saying that an e mail can't be verified. When you click get information it comes up with captive portal.nokia.com. How can I get rid of this? It is very annoying.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 9:50 AM

Finally, I fixed this issue! What you need to do is, when this message pops up, what you need to do is go to wifi settings and try to find to which wifi is your iphone trying to connect. Once you find the name to the wifi which your iphone is trying to connect it, you need to select “Forget this network”. The point is that you could not fix it at home, you need to fix it once the message pops up! Hope this helps you all.

55 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2021 9:50 AM in response to Deborita16

Finally, I fixed this issue! What you need to do is, when this message pops up, what you need to do is go to wifi settings and try to find to which wifi is your iphone trying to connect. Once you find the name to the wifi which your iphone is trying to connect it, you need to select “Forget this network”. The point is that you could not fix it at home, you need to fix it once the message pops up! Hope this helps you all.

Mar 26, 2021 11:06 AM in response to Johnemac10

So, Apple is basically telling everyone of their users that they need to turn off their WiFi before they leave the house each and every time you leave & turn it back on each & every time you get home or to a hotel to eliminate this VERY annoying pop up. I can’t believe Apple has this programmed this way. There has to be some other underlying reason why they do this and you have to hit cancel 5-20 times each time this lame pop up starts. Any company with the technical knowledge they have shouldn’t have this happening to all of their customers who pay their salaries and dividends. 😡

Jan 23, 2021 8:29 AM in response to Deborita16

Well with weird stuff that fails to go away I like the nuke option. Up to you if you think it is worth the effort of a few hours work

Backup and restore

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Jan 7, 2021 3:52 PM in response to Uericg

Yes I just noticed the graphic posted by the OP shows their phone on LTE which is a bit worrying.

Roaming around (within covid restrictions) to alternate cell masts might point to a general cellular provider related problem . Could be ios or network settings bug.

Taking out the SIM and replacing or reset network settings may help

Feb 12, 2021 5:08 PM in response to gracino

When you connect to a public Wi-Fi you are frequently redirected to a “captive” site to enter a password for the site. Once you have logged it you are redirected to the actual page you were trying to connect to. But that “captive” page is still in your browser if the site didn’t clear it. You need to clear the pages from your browser, or at least the “captive” page to resolve it.

Mar 11, 2021 5:47 PM in response to biser208

It has noting to do with a Nokia phone. You used a public Wi-Fi network that ran on a Nokia hotspot, and this was the login page for that hotspot. Open Safari, tap on the overlapping boxes in the lower right corner and close any page that shows that Nokia URL. Or just close them all.

If that doesn’t fix it go to Settings/Wi-Fi, find that hotspot, and forget it.

Captiveportal.nokia.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.