Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change ugly Big Sur colorful starting background (on multi-user machine)?

(Question is in the title)

---------------------------------------------------

This machine has more than 1 user, so the starting background cannot be changed through editing the files on "/Library/Caches/Desktop Pictures", even when the images on both folders (one for each user) are exactly the same.

So, again, the question: How can that ugly colourful Big Sur background in the starting screen (where all users are shown) be changed?

Notes:

1. On 2019 MBP
  2. I have admin privileges
  3. I do not mind having to mess with System files, as long as there is no irreparable damage (if I can reinstall the OS from a USB stick or whatever in case of an accident, I'm more than fine).

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 7:50 AM

CardellB wrote:

This machine has more than 1 user, so the starting background cannot1. be changed through editing the files on "/Library/Caches/Desktop Pictures", even when the images on both folders (one for each user) are exactly the same.

So, again, the question: How can that ugly colourful Big Sur background in the starting screen (where all users are shown) be changed?

Notes:
On 2019 MBP

Thanks in advance!

There is no user preferences to make this change— you have to get to the user account for user preferences to be honored.

submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina/Big Sur - Apple ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 7:50 AM in response to CardellB

CardellB wrote:

This machine has more than 1 user, so the starting background cannot1. be changed through editing the files on "/Library/Caches/Desktop Pictures", even when the images on both folders (one for each user) are exactly the same.

Notes:
On 2019 MBP

Thanks in advance!

There is no user preferences to make this change— you have to get to the user account for user preferences to be honored.

submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina/Big Sur - Apple ...

How to change ugly Big Sur colorful starting background (on multi-user machine)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.