Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble placing ICC profile into ColorSync/Profile folder (Os Catalina 10.15.7)

I tried dragging and dropping a color profile from our local printing lab into the Profile folder but it is giving me a 🚫message and won't allow me to move it into there. I followed the simple instructions on their website, but it just won't allow me to do so. Help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 4:55 PM

Because the System partition on Catalina and Big Sur is read-only, you will have to put your ICC profiles into your local Library ColorSync Profiles folder. Click on the Desktop to wake Finder up, and then press shift+command+G to open the Go To Folder dialog. Copy/paste the following path in it, and click GO.

~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

This will open a new Finder window inside this folder, where you can now deposit your ICC profiles.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2020 4:55 PM in response to Please_Help_Confused

Because the System partition on Catalina and Big Sur is read-only, you will have to put your ICC profiles into your local Library ColorSync Profiles folder. Click on the Desktop to wake Finder up, and then press shift+command+G to open the Go To Folder dialog. Copy/paste the following path in it, and click GO.

~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

This will open a new Finder window inside this folder, where you can now deposit your ICC profiles.

Trouble placing ICC profile into ColorSync/Profile folder (Os Catalina 10.15.7)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.